Saturday, February 12, 2011

Social Saturday - Family Brunch

We went up to Salt Lake this morning to have brunch with Mr. Man's parents and two of his sister's (plus their significant others, they just didn't make it into any pictures).  
After brunch a few of us went off to JoAnn to look at fabric and vases for Aunt T's upcoming wedding.
 Mischief was thrilled to be included in this outing and was hilarious as we went around the store.  She was positive that the yard decorations were there to be her friends.  She said hellow to each one and told each where their eyes were.


We saw this and admired it.  Aunt T was willing to "Vanna White" it for a picture to share it with my mom because it looks like something she'd like I though.   Isn't it fun?  Fabulous use for forks and spoons!

In other significant Saturday news, today we said goodbye to a family member.  There's just a point where you get too old and tried so hard and gone so far (over 328 thousand miles) and even the doctors don't know how to fix you, or even if they did it would cost too much, so off to the body farm your family sends you. . .


Farewell our beloved 1992 Toyota Corolla.  My grandparents leased this car  back in 92.  They eventually bought it and then later gave this car to my mom.  My mom very kindly gave the car to Mr. Man and I when we got married, so we'd have a car, and we have appreciated it greatly for the last five years.  
Here's proof of the mileage we all got with this car.

8 comments:

Burnhams said...

wow, that's awesome! farewell friend! what are you driving now? was it your only car?

3rdtimeMom said...

We bought my bro-in-law's car last fall. It's a Subaru Legacy hatchback (station wagon).

Jamie H said...

I can't believe you sent it away... I still miss our newlywed car, so many wonderful memories. I'm jealous about your day with the family... wishing I was there.

sleepless said...

Farewell most excellant old Toyota ! You did more than your fair share ! Thanks for sharing the photos of your outing and the girls wearing their outfits...last matching outfits ...from now on no matching !...they are just so different anyway !! I picked up a couple cute summer dresses for Drama Queen in a 5..eventually they will make it to you...

sleepless said...

I assume the replacement car is registered and insured !?

3rdtimeMom said...

We bought a bro-in-law's car last fall, it's insured. . .the Mister is in charge of registering it this week, or at least getting the testing done this week.

fogo said...

I looks like everyone had a good time wedding planning.

Emily Robertson said...

So fun! I really am diggin' the fork and spoon flower thing. It's totally cool & definitely reminds me of your mom!
Did you cry about the car? I cried when we got rid of the stratus. We got it right when I got prego with isabelle. I took a million pictures...it was slightly pathetic =)