Thursday, February 3, 2011

Truth is. . .Thursday

Truth is. . .today's life sound track is brought to me by the Joyfolie blog.  The music they have on it is perfect for my feeling today.

Truth is. . .I'm running on three and a half hours of sleep, yet there's a smile on my face.

Truth is. . .I have mixed feelings about how easily I forgive.  I know we're supposed to forgive and that's why I forgive so easily, but I wonder if someday that's going to bite me in the butt.

Truth is. . .when I was growing up, I was terrified of having to go to the bathroom during the night.  I was positive there were ghosts in the hallway and they were going to get me.  The bathroom door was directly across from my bedroom door, but even then I'd fight having to go during the night until I'd start dreaming of toilets.  So I'd squeeze my eyes shut and run as fast as I could from my room to the bathroom.  Of course that wasn't the end, because I was certain there was some spiritual entity hiding behind the shower curtain.  I'd pee as fast as I could while keeping my eyes closed or staring at my knees.  There would still be two more obstacles to come though.  When I was in elementary school it was the cool thing to go into the restroom during recess, bolt the door (why was there an inside deadbolt on the bathroom door?) then use a dime to switch off the lights (there wasn't a switch because they didn't want kids playing with the light, haha), and stand infront of the mirror or toilet bowl and chant bloody mary three times.  Queen Mary's bloody image was then supposed to appear.  Anyway, I've also been terrified, to this day, of mirrors in the dark.  Lots of "don't look up, don't look up, don't look up!" running through my head as I washed my hands.  Then there was the mad dash from the bathroom back to my bedroom.  And now you know something I've never told anyone.

Truth is. . .I'm going to go sew now.

Truth is. . .I did sew!  It took an hour and a half longer that I predicted, but I didn't break any needles (I predicted I'd break two).


3 comments:

sleepless said...

I am sorry you were so terrified..but thanks for the laugh !!!!

Laurel said...

That is very cute! I love the fabrics.

Julianna said...

You mean the ghost-ies don't wait to stalk you when you get up to pee? And I've been holding all these years.... :)