Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm on a retro kick again.  Been watching The Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries from 1977.  I'm absolutely in love with Nancy's wardrobe.
Last year when I was also on a retro kick, I picked up a bunch of 70s patterns at the thrift store for real cheap.  They're missing their envelopes.  While the instructions do show images of what the pattern makes, it doesn't have the needed yardage or notions.  So what do I do to remedy this?  About every month I go onto ebay and etsy and search for each of the patterns.  Etsy is best because the sellers there tend to photograph the front and back of the envelopes.  I hadn't been successful until today, I found three.



Woo hoo!  Now I can make me some high waisted pants and v-neck shirts so after I have this baby I can be like Nancy drew.  What did women with curly hair do in the 70s, are there any good curly hair styles from then?

2 comments:

sleepless said...

I don't think curly hair people ever have to fit into the "norm"..the "norm" is such a fickle thing anyway !!

sleepless said...

Afro was very in...