Monday, March 14, 2011

Make-it Monday: Chinese chicken Salad

Today for lunch i really wanted produce, but we have a limited supply at this time.  So while browsing the Steamy Kitchen, I looked up chicken, since we have lots of leftover chicken, and found her recipe for Chinese Chicken salad.

I didn't quite have the ingredients she used but I knew I had enough to improvise.

My use what you have chinese chicken salad:
1/2 head of lettuce, torn or sliced
1/4 cup cabbage very thinly sliced
a handful of sliced water chestnuts
1/2 a sliced leftover lemon pepper chicken breast
3.5 oz can of mandarin oranges

I didn't have the right ingredients for her dressing either, so improvised there as well, I'm sure hers is better, but mine isn't bad.  And no I didn't measure anything
Mayo
water
oil
ground mustard
onion powder
garlic powder
tumeric(for color)
toasted sesame seeds, ground up (in a glass bowl with an ice cream scoop)
rice wine vinegar
sugar

It's delish!

2 comments:

sleepless said...

BRILLIANT using what you have to satisfy the taste !! It looks GREAT !! Good job daughter ! !!

Kira =] said...

sorry, but this popped in my head when I saw the blog title.

"Chickity China the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin' "

=]