Truth is. . .Thursday

Truth is. . .Mischief wandered into our room at 1:15am.  I pulled her into bed with us and I worked on falling back asleep. . .but she did not.  Infact it wasn't until about 5am that she finally conked out.  I guess 4 hours of fidgeting, getting in and out of bed, wandering the dark house, and requesting drinks finally wore her back down.  Needless to say, I am so so tired today.

Truth is. . .at 10am I went back to bed until noon.

Truth is. . .Mischief now has her very own sleeping bag for this summer!  One I had been looking at online for her as in the bargain bin at Cabela's because the outer fabric had a 2 inch cut from when the box was openned.  I'll take that deal!  I ironed a patch on it this morning to cover the tear.  A lovely little fairy.

Truth is. . .I just want to play my Nancy Drew computer game.

Truth is. . .I did a load of dishes this morning!!  I've waited the last 3 days for Mr. Man to clean out the dishwasher (a task I really don't enjoy, which he thinks is silly because it's really very simple to put away clean dishes) but it didn't happen so I did it this morning.

Truth is. . . I need to get planting!  lettuce, spinach, kohlrabi, beets carrots.  All those things need to be in the ground.  They're not.  My root vegetable box is still leaning against the shed in the form of a board. . .hahaha.

Truth is. . .Drama Queen doesn't know the difference between "tell" and "ask".  I've given up on correcting her that she's going ASK daddy not TELL daddy, cause she does ask a question, but she never remembers which it is, ask or tell.

Truth is. . . .Drama Queen is wearing her stripwork skirt (coral, sage, and yellow color tones) with leopard print tights and a white shirt that has burnt orange polka dots.  I really hope people understand that she dresses herself. . .

Truth is. . .I really love seaweed salad.  Ridiculous amounts of green food coloring and all. I think we'll do our grocery shopping at the oriental market today.

Comments

Julianna said…
My kids always dress themselves. Simply because I don't care, and I don't have time to be bothered. :)
sleepless said…
We can all tell when kids dress themselves...it is pretty fun to see actually !
Laurel said…
I read about someone who made a little button for her daughter that reads: "I dressed myself today!" Her daughter thinks its cool to wear a button and to show people that she's big and can dress herself and she feels like people won't judge her for the mismatched outfits.

There have been a few times when I have thought about making a button like that. Thankfully, though, I think Natalie has been developing a very good fashion sense. Today, however, I might try to talk her into changing her pants before she goes to the birthday party she has.

Popular Posts