Friday, April 22, 2011

Utah Valley Women's Expo

The girls and I headed over to the Expo today.  Mr. Man was going to keep Mischief at home with him, but his colitis has been acting up and he's just not having a good day.

We arrived early so we waited a bit before going in.
 I was disappointed to find only one kids boutique booth.  Though, it was the one I was looking forward to browsing, I was also disappointed that there were no bow booths.  I was hoping Flutterbye would be there with their tiny 50 cent bow clippies.

Happily the local beauty school was there again and since we were at the head of the crowd the girls didn't have to wait to get their nails painted.
 While Drama Queen had her nails painted purple, Mischief worked on one of her lollipops.  This is how I got DQ to agree to come, I told her it would be like trick or treating, and indeed it was.

 Mischief kept holding a hand out and wiggling her fingers while looking at them, the students from the school happily obliged to paint her nails pink.  She spent the next hour stopping and admiring them about every 10 minutes.  It was adorable.

 A stress relief booth had coloring, intended of adults, but kids were invited too.  I informed the gal at the booth that taking pictures was my stress relief, and I didn't need to color and have the coloring analyzed.
 Then we came across a ceramics booth for a Color Me Mine type place (but not color me mine).  They let the kids paint things for free, and will call in about a week when the items have gone through the kiln.
 I told Mischief she could paint at home, and so she spent the time dancing on the stage. She was quite patient, as Drama Queen sat there for at least 15 minutes.  5 other kids came, painted and left in the matter of time that DQ sat painting her egg.

By now it was past Mischief's naptime and she was getting rather cranky. . .which actually resulted in her being given more candy because everyone thought she was adorable.  She is.  Anyway, we decided to call it a day, we missed a section of booths, but it was lunch and naptime.  I may print off another ticket and head back tomorrow minus children.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

sounds like a long day- but fun. And going without the girls will be nice for you.

http://kabersblog.blogspot.com/

Laurel said...

What a fun event!

sleepless said...

What a fun activity for all 3 of you !!

sleepless said...

Feel Better Jordan!

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

What adorable pictures! I can't believe how big the girls are getting! They really looked like they were enjoying themselves! :)