Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yesterday afternoon, the sun shone briefly and I took Mischief outside with me to see how the garden was doing.  The peas have grown quite a bit and we have some carrot, beet, and lettuce sprouts.  More pepper/tomato starts have died off though.

After that we went down to the sidewalk and she helped me weed along the sidewalk and carport.  It was such a delightful time.  She had had a long nap and was quite her normal self again.  She was so very talkative, telling me of all she could see.  Lots of "Bird!!  Mom, a bird! HELLO BIRD!"  "flower! Look, flower!"  and of course "Bug, look, bug.  Oooooooooo. Bug.  BUG."  She also informed me that she was walking, and when she was weeding.  It made me realize that I guess a play by play of activity I'm a part of doesn't always come off as annoying.  Of course she's just finally beginning to talk this much, so I'm sure that is why.  She'd grab a fist full of weeds and rip it out announcing "Weed!"  Then come to me and say "I weeding!" showing me what she's pulled. Such a darling child.  She finds joy in so many simple things.  Infact it was THIS etsy listing that reminded me to write this down.

1 comment:

sleepless said...

They are so cute and adorable at that stage of discovery !! M is at a normal stage for her age too !! As are you, oh pregnant sick one !! Hang in there..just keep doing your best. By the way..they didn't used to have clearance sections in grocery stores when you were little...when you were a teen Food for Less started it with their meat...