Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hoarders

Netflix just added an additional two seasons of Hoarders to their Instant Queue.  Have I spent the day watching?  Yes.  Why do I watch hour after hour of disgusting houses and people in denial?  Because it gets me moving!  While watching, I cleaned off, organized and dusted the computer desk,  cleaned the sinks and swept in both bathrooms, got caught up on dishes, gathered up dirty laundry, and picked up the floor in the master bath (my closet tends to throw up on it).

Now I'm going to go scrub the kitchen sinks and sweep in there before figuring out what it is I seem to be hungry for.  Maybe a sandwich.  It's so nice to have sandwich fixings!!  And we ate half a 16lb. watermelon today.  We love watermelon!

BTW - I will fully accept the description of hoarder.  I'm not in denial to call myself a collector or a saver.

I'm really very proud of myself for actually getting things done today. I've been telling myself I needed to clean the sinks for a while, but just could never seem to usee the time for it.  But now the sinks are clean.  I need to clean the bathroom mirrors and window above the sink next.  And by next I mean sometime tonight probably.  The kitchen floor was way in need of sweeping even though I know I swept it last week. . .with little helpers.  Mr. Man says he'll mop it tomorrow which it very much needs as it has some ice cream on the floor from um, a while ago.
I'd to have the bathrooms mopped as well.

Tomorrow I'll put the boxes of fabric and kid clothes away (pulled out all the 24 month stuff for Mischief, though it's all still a bit big for her).  And I plan to vacuum.  Both living rooms and my bathroom vanity area.  The bedrooms will be for another day.

Wow.  Adella in Season 3, Ep 1 really must. . .um. . .well, she took the trash from the therapy office. . . .As I told Mr. Man, "At least I don't have a need to save trash!!"  To which he says, no, we're just slow at getting it out.  But really, it's not that bad, unless he's forgotten to take the trash out to the curb on trash day and therefore we have no place to put it but to pile bags by the door.   Teri's house in this episode really makes me want to vacuum.  Also Mischief's feet seem to be like my dad's and find anything sharp and pokey on the floor.  And hey, we don't have bugs!  Or at least I don't think we do. . . .Though I did kill a spider the other day, it was hanging from the living room light.
Episode 3 makes me want to wash the walls. . .
Our house will be fully clean (except maybe my closet) before July 1st!!  I'm just glad the dog is limited to one room so I don't have dog hair and germs added to everything else!

So I was about ready to go to bed finally. . .adrenaline rush over. . . and Mischief woke up poopy and sore and unable to get back to sleep.  So now I'm still up. . . it's 2am.  Mr. Man will have a lovely day with the kids tomorrow I hope. lol.  I got the toy area cleaned up.  We'll see how long it stays that way tomorrow. . .

4 comments:

Heather said...

the new season of hoarders starts on Tuesday, it plays on line on A&E, yep Im excited

Julianna said...

Watching Hoarders always makes me want to clean...
Good to see I have company. :)

sleepless said...

Whatever motivation works for you is a GOOD THING. I am motivated by Don Aslotts' book.

Jennifer said...

I love reading your blog--it motivates me to be a more creative and innovative person. It also inspires my own parenting--just thought you should know. You are such a great mom and I love all of the activities and creative things you do with your girls :)