I can't really turn to look over my right (or left) shoulder when backing out the car because my head only turns so far on it's own and my torso can't move when it's ribs vs. baby.
I'm not packed.
I'm not hungry.
I'm wondering who's brilliant idea was this whole parenting thing in the first place.
I'm giving up on my to do list and going back to bed.
With a book.
And a big jug of ice water.
And the lands end kids catalog that arrived today.
I can just be naked at the hospital with uncleaned face and teeth.
And no camera.
And it's sounding like I may end up with a lovely case of hives for the next week since I have no history of shortness of breath when having had a cousin of penicillin and that's what they prefer to use with cesareans here.
Positives to focus on:
- "room service" for at least 3 days. (of course the first day will be all liquids. Boo.)
- 3 days with no phone ringing. Unless I give someone permission. Heck I can be completely antisocial if I so choose and not share the security code with anyone to visit or call!
- Air conditioning for 3 days.
- No flies attacking for 3 days.
- No 5 year olds with an attitude for 3 days (except for visits).
- No demands for a "nana" or "num-num".
- No mess staring at me, reminding me of all the things left undone.
I'm sure there's more but I'm going to take a nap.