Saturday, July 23, 2011

New dolly

I came across these cute Matryoshka dolls on etsy:
And though I love supporting Utah based sellers even more than other sellers of handmade goods, I don't have $20 for one.  So I set about making my own.  I'm making one for each of the girls, Mischief's was first since I knew she'd be the most interested.
She helped me stuff it:
 Her little hands fit much better to push the stuffing into the bottom.
 Ta-da!  One doll done and I totally understand why sarahndipities wants $20 each!
  I cut out pieces for a pink doll, a purple doll, and a blue doll.  Mischief told me by pointing and saying a name that the purple one was for Butterfly, pink for Drama Queen, and blue for herself.  And yes, she says her doll is "pink".


3 comments:

sleepless said...

Darling !! Yes, most colors are pink to her !

Burnhams said...

If you were up for making more of those (without the stuffing so they would be easier to mail) I would be open to buying one or 2 for christmas...

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

I noticed a while ago that you made your own dolls based on my design! I'd love it if you posted this link to the pattern listing I now have available in my shop! Thanks so much!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/89817247/pdf-pattern-embroidered-felt-matryoshka

~ Sarah