Monday, August 29, 2011

Make it WORK Monday

No matter what time I go to bed, I'm still exhausted in the morning and don't want to get up.  For the last few weeks I've dragged myself out of bed no earlier that 8am.  Coming from a family that gets up around 6am (or earlier) it's just weird to me to be sleeping in so late.  Mr. Man says it's due to this little one:


Since she wakes up to eat about three times per night (last night it was around 11pm, 1am, and 5:45am) plus tends to be restless.  I was so tired that at 1 after she ate and was fidgety instead of falling back asleep, I put her in her swing an got four straight hours of sleep then, wow!  I don't feel rested though.

Well this no schedule life of ours just isn't going to cut it anymore.  This kiddo

starts Kindergarten tomorrow and I have to be awake and dressed and have the kids fed and dressed by 9am to walk her to school.

This morning I got up with the alarm set at 7:28am.  I'd kicked Mr. Man out of the bed before then because Mischief was hollering.  Their bedroom door was closed all the way and she couldn't get out.
I got up.  I got the kids cereal.  I emptied the dishwasher.  I loaded and ran the dishwasher.  I got laudry going.  I made Mr. Man lunch for school.  I put laundry away.  I played with Hazel (she enjoys 'If you're happy and you know it' and 'The wheels on the bus').

Now I'm going to get shoes on us all and we'll go over to the school to meet Drama Queen's teacher.   Dagnabbit.  Mr. Man took the quarters I was going to use to buy nail clippers.  It's not socks that disappear at our house.  It's nail clippers.  That's really kind of irritating.

3 comments:

sleepless said...

Sounds like an organized morning ! You CAN do this ! That is great to ask Mr. Man to help.

Julianna said...

Nail clippers disappear all the time here. But somehow, I always manage to get a coupon, and wind up getting them for free. :)

Flashlights also disappear. When they turn up, they're always dead.

Maybe the kids are clipping their nails after bed time. :)

Kira =] said...

They always disappear here too! Also the change i set aside for some caffeine. Good luck on a schedule!! Sometimes it helps when we have no choice but to get up and get stuff done. And thanks for this post- reminded me to start the dishwasher before I get in bed. love you!