A ramble

I think it's funny how I'm not breastfeeding gungho with Hazel.  I don't know if it's because it's not just dairy I am having to eliminate from my diet or what.  We've made it nearly a month without my going out and buying a container of soy formula, but I really want to. And then I feel guilty because it's selfish of me in numerous ways.

I'm glad that we get more grocery money next week.  Not that we're out yet, but we will be once Jordan buys what he needs for the camping trip this weekend.  Really I should just get in to WIC for more vouchers, since it's produce we are out of, but I haven't talked myself into that yet.  Haven't taken Mischief in for her blood draw either.  Blood draws on myself make me nauseous, so how am I going to handle seeing my 2 yr old get blood drawn?  Okay I'm not that selfish.  I'm more worried about how she'll deal with it.  I keep telling myself over and over how I don't remember medical stuff from when I was her age, so obviously she'll get over it and not be traumatized for life...I'm fairly certain Mr. Man won't be up for taking her.  But maybe.  We'll see.

I need to eat.  I haven't eaten today and I have no desire to eat, but I know I should.  My head blames it on the lack of lettuce and green onions.  We're not completely out of produce.  We have zucchini and cucumbers and yellow squash.  And carrots that have been in the fridge for over a month and are now moldy.  and pears.  And two grapefruit.  I put roadblocks infront of most of them though.  Like the cucumbers, I want to eat them with ranch dressing.  Ranch has dairy, can't have dairy.  The zucchini I want in bread.  It's too hot to turn on the oven to bake bread.  I have eaten 2 yellow squash in the last week though.  And a pear or two.  I ate  a can of corn yesterday.  Does that count as produce?  I'm so confused on corn now.  Mr. Man tells me it's not a vegetable, it's a starch.  There's no starch on the food pyramid.....which isn't a pyramid anymore.
I'm going to go have a pear, and cucumber, and I'm going to throw away the moldy produce.  I'm going to eat a can of tuna with that cucumber and I'll wrap them together in a tortilla with some shredded zucchini, some mayo (which is really salad dressing - yuck), and garlic salt.  No cayenne though.  Hazel doesn't like spicy food.  Okay.  So that's what I'll do.  Mix tuna with garlic salt and mayo.  Slice up cucumber.  Shred some zucchini.  Roll up in tortilla.  Eat with a sliced pear and some apple sauce.  and a not so delicious but I have limited options and this is better than soy vanilla almond milk.  Does that cover every food group?  better than the licorice, koolaid, and potato chips I had yesterday?

Comments

sleepless said…
definately better than the chips, koolaid etc...
Burnhams said…
babies that are allergic to milk are often allergic to soy. Soy is bad for you. It affects your thyroid. I would re-think giving it to Hazel. Ree-search Soy before you give it to her. If you really want to supplement I would do goats milk and vitamins.
Myhouse4nine said…
It is very hard to want to eat good things when you are limited by what the baby likes or can eat. Macey's cottage bread is milk free and is running about 1.49 a loaf in my area. Just incase you want bread.
April said…
I know this sounds awful but I just eat whatever and my babies survive even with upset tummies, if you don't get your nutrients your baby will take them out of you (in the form of losing your hair, your teeth going bad etc. so you might as well eat, like I said bad mom but all my kids survived even with chocolate, milk etc. . .
AbigailDawn said…
I've looked into the things said against soy a little bit Heather, but Maddie had soy formula, and she's fine, so I'm not worried.

Oh I wish I could do that April. Unfortunately if I have dairy, she doesn't just get fussy, she throws up EVERY thing she has just eaten, so if I had milk she wouldn't hold anything down and likely would stop nursing just like Maddie did, because didn't know with Maddie what the problem was.
Burnhams said…
My kids were the same. If I had wheat (didnt know that then) they would throw it all up. I was practically starving C. K did better. With T we finally learned the issue and I ate no wheat. It sucked but it was better than having them puke all over all the time. I often got told the same thing, I just made them deal and ate what I want. That's fine if it only gives them a little upset. but when they SCREAM for 4-6 hours straight and puke it all up everytime they eat, it's not a matter of making them eat it anyway. It's a matter of sacrifice for the mom.
Kira =] said…
I understand eliminating the foods that make her violently ill. No brainer there. Would gripe water help with the food that just upset her tummy vs. pukey tummy?

I recently had sliced cucumbers with soy sauce and sesame oil. Yum!!! check Target and Publix for a store brand of sesame oil- that is if you don't already have some
AbigailDawn said…
We've got gripe water and it hasn't seemed to help much, but we sure keep trying it!

Popular Posts