Getting ready for pictures

In a little over 2 weeks we are going in for our first studio family pictures since Drama Queen was 15 months old.  I think I've mentioned that.

Mr. Man wants us to wear blue.  The color of his polo shirt, though he's going to buy a long sleeve button down shirt for it.  Here's the sort of idea:
 I found a shirt at Walmart the right color, but it's boring.  Infact in my opinion, though the girls dresses are cute, the whole all light blue thing is boring.   If we had money, I'd get us all in grey and yellow outfits.  Loving that color combo trend, though Mr. Man and I wondered whether in 20 years we'll look on that combo the same as the whole brown and gold combos or avocado green and baby poop yellow ones.

So going with what we already own, this is my choice for us to wear, I don't know why it ended up sideways:
And me in this but with a belt, that I think the kids must have been playing with this morning because I couldn't find it.  It's thick and dark brown.
 So, opinions on the side braid.  It's a bit too tame from the other side, need to tease the back and make it more full.  But how to do that to my hair without making it just frizzy?
 I hate how fat I look.  Well, I am.  And don't go on saying I'm not.  I'm fat for me okay?  Fatter than the last time I whined about being fat.  Infact a picture I used to hate because of how big I looked in it, I now look at and wish I were that small.  I seriously love these pants though.
 What are your opinions?  I do have blue shirts for each of the girls as well if we do a more casual look.  If we do that I'm pondering accenting the light blue with yellow.  But Jordan LOVES the girls smocked dresses.  I'm on the hunt for a 5T one for Drama Queen.  I really don't know what I'll wear for a bottom though. Those aren't jeans pictures.  Maybe I could find some nice slacks at the thrift store?  When I went to the thrift store yesterday I went with measurements of my favorite pants, and that's how I found these new favorite pants.  No trying on necessary, which is a must when you have 3 little girls with you.

I thought today was tuesday and was traumatized. Thankfully it is Wednesday.

I'm slowly abandoning facebook.  Today I've been deleting personal information. Yesterday I deleted pictures.  I don't like them doing what THEY want with my stuff.  I'm not deleting my account altogether because I would like to have a way to talk to old friends still as they aren't switching to google+ like I want them too.

Mischief just bit DQ's and nearly broke the skin.  You can see blood under the skin though.  I'm not loving the terrible twos.  I thought DQ's terrible threes was bad, but it was nothing like this.  I hope Hazel will stay a sweet little girl.

P.S.  The leaving of facebook totally means I will be posting tons of random tidbits on the blog throughout each day.

P.P.S. - Three skirts I'm working on.  Though I may scrap the dolly one, too heavy on the Easter colors.  The other two are for my two oldest nieces.  Just need the waistband added.  I so want the strawberry skirt for myself.  Too bad I don't have any more of that green ribbon or red/white polka dots.
Yet another P.P.S. - we're surving today by qubo (Kid's TV show channel.)  even then, we have tears from everyone over many random and unexplainable reasons.  Does anyone ever enjoy being a parent, cause so far it's a lot of work and stress and responsibility.  All kids seem to do is whine and cry and fight and ask questions about things that just seem obvious and make messes.  And that totally sounds like me too........

Comments

Aimee said…
What studio are you going too? Will they let you at least change the girls outfits? That way both you and Hubby get the choices you want? Remember to relax the day of portairt. Hopefully you will get a good calm photographer that will work on the girls expressions. And you just worry about staying calm and smiling.
Julianna said…
Love the multi color thing... I agree lt. blue is boring.

I have no idea what to do with the side braid, or the frizzy hair. I have the exact oppisite problem... and I just cut all of mine off. :)
Burnhams said…
Go with the second set of clothes.

I feel you on the fat. trying to loose it. I need new pants either way and I would rather by the 6 or 8 instead of the 10...
Shannon said…
I think the blues look boring. I like the second color combination for family pictures. However, Fotofly does make your pictures black and white also, and those turn out great.
Cute strawberry fabric with red dots. Fun!
Starr Ann Frei said…
Don't do the blue! Kids suck. But I do love little Scarlet!
Myhouse4nine said…
Hey, as far as being a mom goes... You have to find joy in the good things and milestones. Like be happy that DQ got dressed, or be pleased if Mischief blows your mind with something off the wall she has to say. Butterfly has good times as well as bad too! Marriage is that way too. I don't believe in fairy tale lives, but I do believe that we can find the good and the blessings in what we have. Some days we just have to look a lot harder ;)
The Leaf said…
1. You are right, the blue is boring and your choices are better. However, I agree with Aimee, you should do some in the blue, change and do the colorful ones. We took some at Sears and did that one time (we took some fancy and some casual) it worked out nicely.

2. We need to take some family pictures soon, what should we wear? I like the outfits you picked for your family, so now I would like some suggestions for mine.

3. I love the side ponytail. I used to wear my hair like that a lot when it was long. I got a lot of compliments. But, I like it on you better b/c of your pretty curls.

4. On being fat- My baby is almost ten months old and I am still wearing maternity jeans. I feel your pain. But, when I saw the pictures of you I thought, "Wow, she looks great! And her baby is a lot younger than mine. Wow, I am really fat!"
Laura said…
Are you taking them outdoors or indoors? Blue looks great outdoors around greenery. Don't do a side braid. They weren't meant for us curlies. I finally figured out that my hair works best layered by a REAL PROFESSIONAL who understands curly craziness. I mean brush, mousse, pin back what gets in my face, hairspray done! Awesome mom cut.
bex said…
Hi. Yes, I read your blog from time to time:) I read recently on family pictures that you should not be matchy matchy. One person (according to this photographer who wrote an article) should be a wild card pop of color, and the others in the same few colors. What size are you? (you don't have to answer that publicly) I have a nice pair of black slacks that may fit you right now. Also, you could come look through my kids clothes and see if you want to borrow anything for pictures. We are leaving town next Wednesday, so email me and let me know:)
Suz said…
Good luck with the pictures. I thought you might like this site that talked about selecting clothes for family photos...
http://alihenrie.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-to-dress-for-family-photos.html

Popular Posts