Friday, September 2, 2011

Today I got my first homework packet.  No homework for Drama Queen, nope, it's all for mommy.  It's stuff I need to know though, like attendance and early days and the school schedule.  And another emergency contact list even though we filled out one for the kindergarten packet.  There's a volunteer sign up sheet too, but I'm not too sorry to feel validated in not being able to volunteer.  A newborn and a two year old, yep, I'll stay home with them thanks.  Another neat thing is they sent an information/application for low cost health insurance for kids.  It's nice to know if/when we don't have medicaid for the girls, we'll be able to pay a low premium.  Also included is the lunch menu.........wow.  School lunch wasn't like this when I was in elementary school!  It wasn't bad when I was in school, but now they have options.  That's right.  Today if Maddie weren't a kindergartener, she could have had either a hawaiian haystack or a bbq rib sandwich, plus a choice of fresh fruits & veggies, canned pineapple, carrots, and apple crisp.  And their choice of milk.  I've already drilled it into Maddie's head that she shouldn't have chocolate milk every day.  Maybe twice a week.  Though if it's true that the companies are going to cut the amount of sugar in those, then it won't mind if she has it daily.   Anyway, I'm totally going to take the school lunch menu and turn it into our dinner menu, with only one option though.  I love not having to think then.  Cause it's all stuff that's cheap to make and reasonably healthy, you know? Awesome!

2 comments:

Burnhams said...

THAT is a fantastic idea! I always just toss the lunch menus. WE dont eat school lunch anyway. This year though I was thinking there may be days like the hotdog day that he can have a hot lunch, provided he takes off the bun and doesnt eat it.

sleepless said...

cool ! Yes, mom always has the most homework the first part of school. Wait until they are all in school...