FYI - we did oil Hazel's cradle cap on Saturday and then Sunday were trying to comb out the crusties, they just didn't want to fully cooperate.  Rubbing her head with a damp washcloth ended up working much better than the brush.

I just read this WONDERFUL blog post that every parent should read.  Especially those like myself and my husband who lose patience all to often with our children.
I have been trying over the last month to spend more time in direct interaction with my children rather than zone out, it's difficult though, but I'm trying.  Anyway, if conference this past weekend weren't inspiring to try a little harder to be a little better(though it certainly was), this post certainly does:


I know I've snapped at Drama Queen in the same way that father did to his son while standing in a check out line.  I'm so grateful for the view of someone on the outside of how even just snapping at a child once to stop making noise......well, I now want to make DQ a shirt that says "I may be little, but don't belittle me."  Simply as a reminder to myself if nothing else.

Comments

sleepless said…
THIS IS AN EXCELLANT POST. CHILDREN LIVE IN A HARD WORLD..AND FAMILY SHOULD BE KIND AND SHELTERING..NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM !!

Popular Posts