Monday, November 28, 2011

Mischief Monday Update for Laurel and everyone

Mischief has an ear infection.

I admit I don't know the difference between a wheat allergy and a gluten allergy.  Isn't gluten from wheat?  Therefore if you're allergic to gluten you're allergic to wheat and vice-versa?  Mr. Man has ulcerative colitis, which is not as bad as Crohn's Disease, but may or may not develop into Crohn's Disease?  I'm not sure, neither is he I think.  Thankfully we can apply for PCN health insurance on the 10th so next time he has a flare up he can do something other than be miserable.

Mischief decided to NOT put on her shoes (she had taken them off when they weighed her, which I thought was hilarious because her dress has got to weigh at least a pound...) when we left the doctors office and being the on the all mom that I am, I did not notice until I buckled her into the car.  I was not pleased.  And am still not thrilled, but there was no way I was going to unbuckle everyone to go get them.  Hazel has an appointment tomorrow, I'll ask about them then.

I'm seriously running out of patience with these children today.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

A Gluten allergy is an intolerance to wheat oats barley and rye. A wheat allergy would be just an intollerance to wheat, but no reation to the rest.

Usually you have to eliminate them all for about a year and then try to add one back in a time (similar to when you wean foods in as babies) to see if you have a reaction.

If your hubs has UC, I would definitely try the diet for both of them. Celiac is genetic, children who have one parent have a 30% of getting it. UC's most common precursur is a gluten intollerance that was not caught young enough, and has now caused permanent damage to the intestine. You may not get your hubs to change his ways, but it's worth a shot for your girl.

Sorry if I'm going on and on... This is my way of life. feel free to tell me to shut up at any time. :)