Sunday, November 20, 2011

Patience

I am striving to have patience today, and to be very interactive with the girls.  It is not an easy task.  The girls are being Princesses once more and we are focusing on Princess-like behavior.  Screaming, whining and fighting are not what Princesses should do.  So when they start up I quickly, and quietly hush them and explain a better way for a Princess to respond or ask.  It's not easy for them, or myself.  We'll learn together.

 Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of akindness.



Doctrine and Covenants 52:16

16 He that speaketh, whose spirit is contrite, whose language is meek and edifieth, the same is of God if he obey mine ordinances.

Doctrine and Covenants 31:9

9 Be patient in afflictions, revile not against those that revile. Govern your house in meekness, and be steadfast


2 comments:

Laurel said...

I think patience is the main lesson of motherhood. Perhaps there are women who are born with it, but I am not one of them, I pray daily for help in being more patient.

Those are great scriptures! I really love the idea of princess-like behavior. That is fun and interesting for them and helps them learn important lessons about behavior. That's a good piece of mothering!

sleepless said...

great scriptures to remember and try to emulate !