Friday, January 13, 2012

Today I was able to go shopping.  I got pull ups and diapers (which I'm pondering if I should return and just move Hazel up to the next size instead...) I also got more formula for Hazel.  And I got a B vitamin complex and fenugreek.  I was going to get Blessed Thistle as well, but The Herb Shop was out.  I'll probably check Sunflower later.  I'm done being out though.  I'm going to make Jordan go up to Herriman to get our 60 pounds of red potatoes (cause the guy is out of yukon golds, i should have called yesterday instead of posting about it on facebook first).  I just watch too much Criminal Minds and I'd rather send my husband for potatoes posted by someone on Craigslist.  It's a fabulous deal and I'm looking forward to it, a gal in the ward (Sara, who I've mentioned before) went in with me on a bag, cause 30 lbs is far more reasonable.

Anyway, Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle.  My milk still isn't returning like it should.  I make Hazel nurse and nurse before I consider a bottle, but in the end she still has 5 or 6 bottles a day.  I tried pumping in between feedings, but that's exhausting (Mooo) and disappointing, as I am only getting ONE ounce after 20 minutes of pumping.  I used to get 4 ounces in ten minutes.  Soy formula is expensive and constipates Hazel.  I asked a friend who is a professional breastfeeder (hehehe, really!  Remember the facebook nurse in? She was on the news.  Just this past month, the Target Nurse in, she was there.)  and she refered me to kellymom.com which has great advice.  Only trouble is I'm afraid to take Hazel off the bottle all together and have a grumpy fussy baby for a few days.  But as we're at the bottom of another can, should I just do it?  Go cold turkey on the bottle and make her continue nursing up my milk supply?  I admit I fear my milk will never come back in full enough to feed her.  And that's why I'm taking fenugreek now To kind of give me the extra reassurance that my body can do this.  A single bottle of it should be enough to get my milk supply up for sure.  At least that's my thought process.  And I've now convinced myself to return the new canister of formula and deal with a fussy baby for a few days.  So if I blog even less and don't want to answer the phone, it'll be due to a lack of sleep and trying to stay sane via my b vitamins rather than caffiene.

And that's that.

Just talked to Mr. Man and he's going to go get our potatoes (and now butternut squash and ears of popcorn as well).  He's very willing due to the hope that he knows the guy since the guy is from Herriman and that city only recently got their own high school, so maybe he went to high school with the guy.

And here is a random picture just for the sake of having a picture and cause Mr. Man figured out how to get the scanner to work so I could post it on facebook......
Homecoming Dance - 2001
There was no theme.  We were just awesome like that.......

And just because I'm vain about myself in this picture.....
*Ah* Newlyweds......

3 comments:

Julianna said...

Love the pictures!

Yes. Always send the husband to pick up things from random strangers. And to pick up heavy things.

60 lbs... that's a lot of potatos!

Trishgoger said...

Your "newlyweds" picture is so cute!! Take more pictures together!!

Laurel said...

That was Winter Formal. :)