Thursday, February 2, 2012

Curls!


Not perfect but I think it's pretty good for our first try!  They softened (or fell out) beautifully by the end of school, leaving her hair just gently curled at the ends. 

In happy news, the checks we have been waiting for arrived today.  Bills will now get paid!!  And we're on WIC again, took care of that this morning.  Mischief was hilarious about the iron blood test, "No want anyone see my blood!  No! No see my blood!"  Then the nurse told her she'd get a pink bandaid.  "Bandaid!  Oh Yes!  Bandaid!"  As the nurse prepped her finger, "No like pokey!  No like pokey!"  and for the poke itself she gave a brief high pitched scream.  And the program has changed, limiting to only store brands, so incase store brands do not have anything gluten free, the dietician gave us a paper that says we're allowed to get Rice Chex, as it is gluten free.  Mischief of course doesn't like them but I just found a recipe to make them honey nut flavored myself.  She is anemic, so we have to go back to test her again in 3 months and I'm supposed to let her snack on cereal and raisins as often as I can since she will for certain eat those and is not always guaranteed to eat meat or beans.  Though she does like refried beans, so I may have to figure out how to make them myself.  That's right, I'm great at making our own corn tortillas, but I've never made refried beans..........

5 comments:

Sleepy said...

The Bishop's Storehouse has 25# bags of dehydrated refried beans.

sleepless said...

HOORAY FOR CHECKS !!!! Hooray for WIC !!!! You just cook the beans and mash them and flavor them for refried beans...I am sure you can find lots of recipes..it is EASY...if I can do it you sure can !! Maddie's curls are cute..my mom used to do that to me every saturday night...after my weekly bath and hair wash.

Laurel said...

It looks very cute! How did DQ like it?

We always do a sock bun to curl Natalie's hair. She sleeps on it and when we take it out in the morning she has beautiful curls that usually last a couple of days.

Burnham's said...

Very cute hair! They just opened our WIC up to other brands. we can get kix and chex (corn chex too!) They also do bread now and for those of us GF we can just get either brown rice or corn flour tortillas.

Burnham's said...

as far as refried beans go, the guatamaleans on my mission cooked the beans, then put them in the blender with some of the water from cooking them, and blended them till smooth they were kinda runny. then they would put some oil in a pan (just enough to coat the pan, and pour the beans in and cook till the water was gone stirring frequently.

YOu can cook beans ahead I usually cook 2 bags at a time then seperate them and put them in the frezer. they defrost really fast when you throw them in a pan of hot water.
I'm sure refried beans would freeze too!