Zucchini Bread experiment

We were able to get some zucchini's a week(or so) ago.  The girls and I made some fried zucchini for lunch one day, and I grated the rest up to be used for zucchini bread.
Mr. Man loves zucchini bread.
Mischief thinks she loves bread.....infact two days ago she insisted she needed to eat bread.  So I gave her a  hamburger bun, as I've noticed white bread doesn't cause her as much a problem as whole wheat (she won't even eat whole wheat).  Unfortunately she'd also had spaghetti the night before.  I need to make some gluten-free noodles for her from now on.  She hasn't eaten much in the 2 days since.  Says her tummy hurts or is not happy.  She's been willing to eat oranges, drink juice, drink pediasure(which turns her poo even worse colors than the oranges were doing)  She ate a hot dog and oatmeal one day.  Monday night she woke up at 10pm hungry.  Luckily I was in the process of finally making myself dinner, so she ate some salad and some salmon.  Anyway, I know she would want to eat some zucchini bread if I made it, so I decided to make the recipe gluten-free so she could eat it without complication.

I'm no pro at cooking, I'm not someone who can just invent recipes, but I think I've gotten pretty good at understanding how to do substitutions thanks to Allrecipes.com  I've used it for years and always read reviews and have learned that way what sort of things can be substituted or played with in recipes.  I had already printed off Mom's zucchini bread recipe from that site, so I grabbed my stack of gluten-free recipes and came up with this recipe that uses less sugar, less oil, and is gluten free.

Mischief was a great helper:
It turned out really good!  We didn't cook ours long enough, so I adjusted the bake time for our recipe.   I guarantee Mr. Man won't know there's not a speck of wheat in them!

Comments

sleepless said…
Impressive dear !! Are you sure it is not the oranges she is allergic to like me ??? Any form of citrus and asorbic acid...and mustard....and tomato stuff...
Laurel said…
Has Mischief actually been diagnosed?
AbigailDawn said…
No, all tests have come back negative, but we expected that for the actual celiac one, the pediatrician said that with Ava's age chances are it would be negative no matter what. I'm just going by how she reacts when she eats something or by what she consistantly avoids.
MaKayle said…
Have you ever tried subbing out the sugar for something like trivia, or honey or agave?
MaKayle said…
Have you ever tried subbing out the sugar for something like trivia, or honey or agave?

Popular Posts