Gluttony

Just two days ago I mentioned on facebook that I was cutting down my amount of sewing patterns.  And I did, with Hazel Mae's help.
 I cleared out 30 or so patterns that, while lovely, I'll never actually make.
Then today we stopped at Hancock fabric to see if they had any rabbit colored wool, because we need to make some wool toy rabbits for Ostara (cause we're separating commercial easter and religious easter, if you recall, or not.  And I'm still deciding if we'll simply call it Ostara or Vernal Equinox) which is next week. We have all sorts of fun things planned, so expect some great blog posts then......
Back to patterns........
While Hancock has a poor yarn section, we were able to find three colors of wool yarn, all natural, and the girls chose the off white for their bunnies.  Then we wandered, and didn't find much we liked, then Drama Queen asked to look at the pattern books.  So we did.  And found that McCall's patterns were 99 cents each!  Yay!!  AND they had every pattern I wanted in stock.  AWESOME!
On the way home we stopped and checked the mail and discovered my books from Amazon arrived.  I order books once a year.  Tax return thing ya know.  So I have lots of sewing I need to do.......
And it was rather disconcerting that almost everything in the store has been on sale for the last few weeks.  Makes me wonder if they'll be closing.  Seriously, almost all fabric has been 30% off for two weeks now.  They are still getting new fabric in though......so who knows.

Comments

sleepless said…
Lovely patterns..really you !! great books. I am fine with Easter...I can't say those other words !
Julianna said…
As the kitchen reno comes to a close, I too went to the fabric store and started up the projects.

First up is the Anime Boston costume for Bonus Brother. Then a communion gown for my niece. Then cushions for the kitchen...

...the list is endless...

Popular Posts