School Carnival

Tonight was the school carnival.  Last week I kindly cleaned Mr. Man's side of the room.  6 loads of laundry later, we had $7 for the carnival!  Tickets were 3/$1.  Food took 2 tickets per item (nachos, corn dog, popcorn, cotton candy, snow cone), Soda pop, "juice", and water were one ticket each.  The games were 1 ticket each, face painting 1 ticket, there was a train that was 3 tickets per ride and two bounce house things that I don't know how many tickets they were.
We had nachos, a corn dog, fruit punch, pop for mom, cotton candy, popcorn, and a snow cone.  The girls played a few games.  Oh ya there was a guy making balloon things too.  Mischief chose a sword and Drama Queen a butterfly.
I got sunburned.  So did DQ at least on her cheeks.  Poor planning on my part, it was HOT today. Time to find where the sunscreen is.
So enjoy some random picture from our fun evening.  Mr. Man stayed with us for a bit, but then had to head to work.  We saw school friends, church friends and neighbors.  It was a great activity!

This is DQ's teacher, manning the snow cone booth for the first hour:
 The cotton candy line was shorter.


 Mischief inhaled the first half of her cotton candy with wide eyes.  For the rest of the evening, in my head, I refered to cotton candy as crack.  The kid was nuts for the stuff!
 This one enjoyed it too, but she remembers it from the family reunion last year.
 There was a wide assortment of games for all ages and skill levels.  We stuck to the easy ones.  Like fishing.  So glad DQ hasn't seen Pollyanna at an age she can remember it or she might have been disappointed with the bracelets she got.
 Mischief loved "Pick a duck" where she got a whistle shaped like lips.  She can't blow it hard enough to make a sound, so we're all happy.
 This beautiful baby just watched all that was going on.
 Drama Queen was disappointed at the Pull a pop game, because neither she nor Mischief had colored dots on their lollipops so they did not get additional prizes.
 In the excavation game DQ got a pink egg with a creepy bug inside.  I'm quite impressed with how I blacked out our neighbor, really, I try not to share pictures of people without permission.
 In the bean bag toss I was quite impressed that DQ got two of the bags threw the circles.  I think that was when she got her glow in the dark bug.
 My girls!  DQ decided she wanted to ride the train and I was all for it until we saw that it was 3 tickets each.  I gave her the option of doing the train or getting a balloon and a treat.  She chose the balloon and treat.
 While I stood in the balloon line for them, they ran around the portable stairs/ramp with some friends from church.

 Mischief was so excited that she was going to get a balloon!
 The balloon options were:  flower, butterfly, sword, dog.  DQ chose butterfly.
 Mischief wanted a sword.

 DQ loved her butterfly.  Unfortunately mom accidently popped the big white wing on the way home.
 I see you!
 Then DQ decided she absolutely MUST have a snow cone.  Even though the line was super long.  So we got in line.  And stood there for half an hour in the very hot sun.  We were 10 people away from getting our snow cones when....DQ decided the line was too slow and she'd rather have popcorn.  "REALLY?!"  I admit I said that out loud instead of in my head and the kids infront of us turned and looked at me like, what's your problem? And DQ was about to burst into tears.  I'm not a fabulous mom sometimes.  I hugged her and told her if she really wanted popcorn then okay and gave her two tickets and she got in the popcorn line.  Mischief got a snow cone because I was not about to have stood there that long for nothing.  She chose blue.



 And then I was done.  We handed off our last two tickets to a friend and dragged ourselves home.  And I'm not exaggerating on the dragged.  My feet were dragging I was so tired of being on them.  Oh the terror in my head of the half marathon I'm doing in June....

And now I'm going to put my poor burnt self to bed as I am tired and starting to hurt.  And Hazel has finally gone to sleep.

Comments

April said…
I always admire how you can keep up on your blog, its fun to read:) eventually I'll get caught up on mine!
Emily Robertson said…
I love school carnivals!!! Sounds like you all had a great time =)
sleepless said…
I am so glad they still have old fashioned school carnivals in Utah !! Thanks for sharing all the photos and info...I love to see/read what is going on in your lives !! I don't feel so isolated this way !! thanks dear.
sleepless said…
Such fun adventures..such great photos !!! I love it all !
We had our own cotton candy machine when we were little. Mom and Dad got it at an auction. We didn't use it often, but it was SO much fun to eat the fresh cotton candy. Nothing quite like it. :)

I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm not sure what happened that I lost it...did you have a different one that you shut down? Anyway, I've missed you, and I'm glad I get to catch up on you and your little ones!

How ya been? :)

Popular Posts