Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dirt, Glorious dirt.







 Our onions and garlic are doing very well.
 My sister-in-law kindly took me to home depot today.  I got some more tomato cages.  I know it's going to be hard to harvest from one of the plants, but oh well.  Ten tomato plants are now in the garden.

"Where you have a plot of land, however small, plant a garden. Staying close to the soil is good for the soul." --Spencer W. Kimball
 The girls LOVED the resulting mud.  Mud pies, mud balls, mud castles. mud coated hands and feet.




 A friend gave us some planters.  I decided I'd try out the ground cherries in them. (also called strawberry husk tomatoes - supposed to be super easy to grow, but vine.  So they can vine all over the carport....)

These girls need some cowboy hats.

3 comments:

Emily Robertson said...

Dirt is the greatest invention EVER!
And in reference to your above post, well said Abigail, well said. I love you and am impressed with your courage to stand up for what you believe in, despite what others may think of you.

Trishgoger said...

I wish you enabled comments on that other post! I understand though. :)

I just wanted to say that I respect everyone having their own opinions. I wanted to just ask out of curiosity if you have ever had a conversation regarding this topic or something similar that you found interesting.

I know some people can get EXTREMELY heated over shoving their beliefs down other people's throats and insisting everyone have their same beliefs. But I personally am very interested in learning, I guess, how people with different opinions than my own come to stand by and believe in their opinion.

I know that there are some people who don't believe in same-sex marriage and they have hate in their hearts towards other individuals, but I don't see that in you.

I'm sorry if this is the kind of comment you were trying to avoid all together, you don't have to approve this comment to be added to your blog.

Oh, I also found that passage interesting about being loving and accepting of those with same-sex interest. I am atheist myself, and have wondered what reaction an individual would receive from the church and from their peers if that sort of information was found out.

ANYWAYS! I try not to stir the pot too much, I really am just interested in the other side even if I too stand by my beliefs.

Take care. Trish.

(again, you don't have to post this, I'm sorry for the long comment on a different post!)

sleepless said...

So cool ! Excellent post on family and marriage !