Saturday, June 2, 2012

Picture updates

I've realized that when I print our blog to book, it's not going to have the header or individual pictures that I put on the edges of the blog page.  So I'll now be posting them as a post so we can have record of them.  It kinda shows how the girls grow.  And is like a urim and thummim to who is who in the posts, though I'm sure after reading a while one could figure out which child is refered to as what.  But as they have more than one name now...
 DQ, cause I'm to lazy to type out Drama Queen sometimes.  I love this picture.  Yes I cut out her beloved boyfriend (of whom she told me yesterday "I just can't stop thinking about him!"  AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!)  I got stuck with a child as boy crazy as me.  Thankfully she doesn't seem to come across as a scary stalker like I did....
I love this picture because it is very rare that I'm able to photograph a genuine smile on her face.  Even her eyes are happy.  Not to say she's not a happy child, it's just that when the camera comes out she decides "I don't know how to smile mom, I forgot."  But I think my cousin Janae was quite right in saying Filipe must be her best friend.  Now to get over my own social issues and help set up a play date for them.

 I admit I just grabbed one of the pictures from Mischief's birthday photoshoot.  And I'm okay with the one I picked because it shows a regular activity of hers, rubbing her "freckle" (she basically creates sores or pimples on her face with her picking and rubbing and calls them freckles) and completely zoning out.  See the slightly vacant stare?  Yep, she's there physically, the end.  She does this much of the day and we wonder if she has autism or something.  It reminds me of kids who rock.  Only she rubs.  And if you stop her or interrupt her she f.r.e.a.k.s. out.  Notice her other new name?  I don't know if I've mentioned it on the blog, but I do refer to her as Master of the Universe on facebook.  The child is slightly psychotic.  But she's cute and she has her sweet moments so we'll keep her.

Look at that sweet, if a bit blurry, face.  Hazel Mae or Her Majesty.  I guess we could just call her H.M. but that reminds me of high school, because that's what my friends called me for like Sophmore and Junior year...I'll let you try and guess what it stands for, and it's not Her Majesty.  Hazel likes to sit and dictate to the play room.  No one else is allowed to sit in her "throne" if she is in the room.  She will yell.  Unless it's DQ.  She's already got a very strong rivalry with Mischief.  A power struggle of sorts.  Master of the Universe vs.  Queen of the household.  If I'm helping Mischief with something, Hazel will come and squeeze herself in between Mischief and I.  If I'm changing the Master's diaper, Her Majesty will come and plant herself in my lap.  Heaven forbid I should read Mischief a book, especially if Mischief sits in my lap.  Then it is MY head that is ordered off.  Mischief has her own issues with Hazel Mae.  As evidenced by Hazel's bruises.  Or the cut currently on her forehead from the corner of a block that Mischief whacked her with.

That's right, our house is full of peace and love, can't you tell?

4 comments:

Juli said...

I love these pictures. But I already knew their names. :)

Just wondering... is Mischief the one who's got the GF issues? Because that is also a common thing for kids with gluten issues to do (rocking, picking, zoning) if the protein leaches into their brain, it can effect their neurological pathways. Not something to be alarmed about, but you may find as she becomes totally detoxed that it is more of a habit and less of a need. Youngest used to rock and during bad episodes, rub his face until it bruised or bled.

AbigailDawn said...

She is the one. I'd love for it to become a habit, especially if she grows out of it. We have to keep her nails really short or she will make her face bleed.

sleepless said...

I wonder if the picking at herself is genetic ..from grandpa who does it all the time..just different..like while reading...

Laurel said...

Three cute girls!