Saturday, August 18, 2012

Koeven Family Reunion

We had the family reunion at a new park this year and I thought it was a GREAT location!  I hope everyone else did too.  I far preferred it over where we've had it the past half a dozen (or so) years.  Despite the location change we had the usual activities of bracelet/necklace making and the fishing pond.  Instead of fried chicken, this year we had bbq ribs.  The food was delicious and I stopped feeling guilty about not bringing a side dish when I saw just how much food was on the tables.  There was a huge turn out this year.  The Koeven family member spotlighted was Uncle Joe, who I actually have memories of, so that was nice.  And I learned something new about my mom with the memories she shared of him!




 In honor of Uncle Joe, we painted flower pots, which then got planted before taking them home!  Uncle Joe had a green house here in Utah.  A very good, well made greenhouse that he built himself.  That greenhouse may be the reason I love gardens so much, the smell of it was magical.  All greenhouses make me think of Uncle Joe.  So do owl statues, cause they had one in their back yard hidden in the bushes and it did it's job of scaring things...like little girls...
 Another tradition, started by my cousin a few years ago...cotton candy!





 This park is in a canyon and there were marvelously large hills for rolling down that we had all to ourselves!









 With Great Grandma. She is the girls only living great grandparent.  My only remaining grandparent. I love my grandma. 
 Four generation picture:

4 comments:

Juli said...

How awesome. No family reunions for our family. I see all the relatives I care to see on my own. :)

Seth said...

But was there a water fight?

AbigailDawn said...

If there was, it was after I left. William did ask me if I brought my super soakers and I had, but my brain did not process that they could bring them home with them. My brain thought if they were there I had to be there and I was done.

sleepless said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos !! This place has such a feeling of space to it..a good thing...