Truth is...Thursday

Truth is....The day goes by so fast and so peacefully now that DQ is in school.  No fights over toys (well just a few when Hazel is awake), no pouting, no constant questions and demands.  Actually scratch that last one. Mischief is constantly demanding food, but I never seem to find something she actually wants to eat.  So she's been living off of about one meal a day and lots of milk.

Truth is...I'm so ready for DQ to be home when school is out!  She's really gone most of the day, and while I enjoy it, I decided not to put her in an after school program, as then she would get out at 5pm!  That's dinner time!  It also helped that the only options available to a first grader are yoga and superheroes.  She was sort of interested in yoga but not really.

Truth is...Mr. Man is tired.  He feels like he's constantly on the go and except for when he's sleeping or exercising, he is at work or school, and that's the way his life will be for a few more years.  He at least has about gotten up to where he's getting his generals done instead of just getting to college level basics.  I'm grateful to those who have helped him with his homework the last two years.

Truth is...Mr. Man is training for the summer games in Southern Utah next year.  Looking at this years top scores, he's pretty certain he can get in the top three, and most definitely will win his division.  His ultimate goal is to do an Iron Man.

Truth is...I'm loving the six pack he's getting.  I married a skeleton, then that skeleton got some muscle in the Air Force, then it got bit of a fat pouch (mind you he's never had more than a 35 inch waist), and now the little spare tire is gone and muscle definition is popping up everywhere.

Truth is...I only get moderately paranoid about the size 2 women at the gym with my hottie husband.  He tends to not realize when someone is flirting with him (I had to throw myself at him back in the day).

Truth is...I have at least lost 10 pounds in the last three months.  All I had to do was stop eating.  Haha, just kidding.  For the most part.  I eat lunch.  And sometimes dinner.  And I'm hoping to lose a little more due to the daily walking I'm now doing.  Cause yes, I don't go to the gym daily despite having two hours child care there.  Cause at times like right now, I have no car.  and by the time there's a car here, it'll be lunch time, and by the time we're finished with lunch there may or may not be time to make going to the gym worth while before we have to go get Drama Queen from school.  And then by the time we get home from that I have to start making dinner, and after dinner it's time for baths and pajamas and homework(well it will be once she gets some) and cleaning up, then putting kids to bed and reading stories times three spaced by about half an hour.  and then it's like 8pm and I'm ready to go to bed myself!  Though I know people think I'm just lazy or not wanting to go to the gym...I am even in my gym clothes today in hopes of being able to go there at some point today if I can snatch the time.  But right now I can't becase I have no car, and Hazel is napping and Mischief's buddy is over playing.

Truth is...I have a sock fetish.  But not in a I like to collect them or see peoples socks sort of way.  In a I can't walk around barefoot sort of way.  I have to wear socks.  I don't always love wearing shoes, but socks are a must.  And that means all my socks are always dirty because I wear them outside.  I used to have a pair of shoes I could just slip on but one of the shoes has mysteriously disappeared.  I can't sleep with socks on though, so like the first thing I do in the morning is put on socks.

Truth is.....I'm lazy  I don't clean up after us very good.  My housekeeping skills really suck, which is funny because my mom keeps a clean house.  Taught me to put things away as you go.

Truth is.....Mischief and her buddy are watching The Rudolph, Frosty & Friends Sing Along movie....which is song clips from all those old Christmas movies that my siblings and I grew up watching...except the one playing right now and this song creeps me out.  It's young santa...singing "If you sit on my lap today, a kiss per toy is the price you'll pay"  and ya...there's just something about it that doesn't work for this day and age...making it just seem like young santa is a pedophile....

Truth is....I'm done now.  I'm boring myself so I'm sure I'm boring you too if you've even made it this far....

End of day truth is....Mr. Man asked how my day was and I said it was hard and I'm struggling and I feel worthless.   No response. So I told him your supposed to say "You're not worthless, wife!"  to which he says he didn't hear me say I felt worthless, he'd already stopped listening.  And told me I'm not worthless, I'm useful, I change diapers and kept the kids alive and fed.
So thrilled I'm useful as a nanny.  Just loving this purpose in life today...

Comments

sleepless said…
Going to the gym is not a requirement..I have never been.. interesting sock fetish you have...Yes, Mr. Man is going to be tired for a few years...keep him eating real food...It is all OKAY ..The world goes on.....
Laurel said…
I have found that if I want to get a workout in the only time that I can do it is 5AM. After Sophie was born I felt so fat and I figured out the 5AM rule, which means I cannot leave the house. So I told my husband he needed to find me a treadmill that we could afford. He found one on Craigslist and got it for $80. I actually used it every day!

I haven't exercised since I became pregnant with Eloise, but after I am fully recovered I am very much looking forward to getting back in the habit. I bought a post-natal boot camp DVD and I plan to alternate that with the treadmill (which is where I get to watch Dr. Who). I really want to be skinny again someday, but I do not look forward to waking up at 5AM.
Myhouse4nine said…
Hey Abby, you have joined a special club - the mother club. The feeling worthless and stuff is common place. Finding your individual purpose each day is your mission if you chose to accept it. I think we get kids with wierd issues just to give us a challenge - we must find a way to feed them. Ordinary kids wouldn't provide enough stimulation. Hang in there Girl you are doing alright! Love ya!

Popular Posts