Autumn Cleaning

The house has been getting worse and worse in the build up of stuff.  Mr. Man said something has to change, and I agree, it was miserable living in our house.  My sis-in-law was at our house for a few hours last night and got me jump started because she washed all my dishes, and well really she pretty much cleaned my kitchen.  She's so awesome!  I spent hours and hours today, bagging and boxing stuff.  To go.  Out out out.  I don't want to be in here like this all winter!  

Is the house perfect now? No, and since I worked almost all day, that tells you how bad the house was.  

But now I can walk into my closet.  I'm down one arm for lifting at the moment, but give me a few weeks and I'll get that shelf niced up and boxes up there instead of blocking the bookcase that you can't see on the right of my closet.
The playroom is play in able again.  I didn't get to do as much in there as I'd like, because well...if you've ever tried cleaning up kid stuff with kids, you understand....
And now, the biggest change, because it's the room you walk into when you get home from...anywhere...  Essentially everything that's on our porch now (our porch will be a mess for a week because next Saturday is the free sale to which I'll be taking it all, except the fabric that will go to my sister-in-law for donation quilt making) was in this room and well, it was bad.

Comments

Juli said…
I also feel like I should clean... and finish up all the little projects I have going around the house.

Thing is, I always start them at 8pm, and then either stay up too late or get frustrated because I'm tired.

It's a no win really, so I plop down with a Klondike bar and usually call it a day.

Kudos to you for getting so much done! (And as we speak I can hear the dryer buzz... yet I am still here typing away, knowing full well I need those clothes for tomorrow)
sleepless said…
You are doing a great job! Good for you..I understand , it is a small place and you have to be serious about what you keep ! Good luck with your purging stuff..even good stuff is a problem if it is too much for your space !!

Popular Posts