Miracles of sleep

More than a year ago we started a project in our big room. My husband and father built bookcases at one end of the room and then Mr Man and I stripped part of the wallpaper from the walls at the other end. Before all this took place some beams were built into the room to lift the sagging ceiling (raised it 7 inches). This also helped define the one long room into two. One end, where the bookcases are, is the playroom and the other part with the front door is the sitting room or blue room as we have repapered two of the three walls with blue wallpaper. All the walls in the trailer are wood paneling, so we stripped the bottom half of the walls completely free of paper and have had grand intentions of painting it white and putting up chair railing to mimic wainscoting.

Well today finally saw the wallpaper get finished. Now I have to wash all the lower walls free of year old dried wall paper paste so we can prime and paint them. I'm tempted to just buy some of that paint that is paint and primer in one otherwise I fear it will never get done as I have to work with Hazel's nap time which is a brief two hours a day.

Besides this, all the beams need to be sanded so they too can be painted. I might have left them rustic wood, but the installers put white stuff on parts of them (I'm so technical I know).

But hey. The wall paper is up!!

Comments

Just me. said…
looks good! Will look awesome finished!
Laurel said…
I'm confused about the title, what does it have to do with sleep?
Abigail said…
I'm productive when I get sleep. I've had three full nights of sleep in a row. It's amazing. I even found the kitchen table last night! Now if only I could find our carpet...
Jennifer said…
Great job! I have used the paint/primer in one before. When we bought our house the entire interior had been painted with a beige color. I wanted to paint Gwen's room to match her bedding but I am lazy and didn't want two steps. The paint covered it all! It only took the regular painting process of 2 coats and we were done. Two years later it still looks great and you cannot even tell what color the walls originally were. Its a great deal and covers really well. I give it two thumbs up!
It looks great! It will look so bright and airy with the paneling painted white! And I agree with Jennifer! Cutting out the step of priming helps so much, and the paint and primer in one works like a dream!

I look forward to more pictures when you're all done!! :)
It looks great! It will look so bright and airy with the paneling painted white! And I agree with Jennifer! Cutting out the step of priming helps so much, and the paint and primer in one works like a dream!

I look forward to more pictures when you're all done!! :)

Popular Posts