The Verdine's

Up in Logan they do a parade of homes type thing but with old homes that have been restored to their former glory. The owners of the homes kindly open their home for people to trample through examining the architecture, fine details, original fixtures and their personal decorating style. And if course some of us want to steal ideas. There were seven homes to visit on Saturday and this one was my favorite. The home is 110 years old and the owners have lived their for twenty years, it has four bedrooms, three of which have been converted to craft rooms since their children have grown up. (I think the couple is around my parents age). The moment you stepped in it felt homey and welcoming and comfortable. And the hostess was very friendly so I felt comfortable asking to take pictures and she said I could take pictures of whatever I wanted. So here are my pictures and I wish I had taken more!

Comments

Juli said…
I LOVE the embroidery over the mantle. Gorgeous! They are restoring the Simes house by us (circa 1767) I can't wait until it's done! I promise, if I get to tour it I will post some pics. :0)
Juli said…
Ooops, sorry it was deeded then, built in 1857. I so love old homes, and living here I have some of the oldest around. :)
Myhouse4nine said…
Fun Pics! Some of the stuff reminds me of Grandma's hand me down furniture, and so remind me of my Aunt Larue's house in Logan! Glad you got to look!
sleepless said…
AWESOMELY DECORATED WITH TIME PERIOD STUFF !
I'm a sucker for the old antique oak furniture like the bookcases and dresser! Gorgeous!

Popular Posts