Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

When it comes to gluten free baking, I stick to pre-packaged mixes for the most part.  It is just easier.  But not always tasty.  For a while I've had this recipe and I can't even find where I copied it from.  Someone's blog or recipe site.  If you recognize it, let me know so I can give proper credit.

Mischief has been asking for cookies for...well probably a month or more.  I keep saying tomorrow and then it never happens and I feel bad.  Today I finally printed this, and we ran to the store for milk and vanilla extract, then came back and Sunshine and Mischief helped me make them.

And they are GOOD.

I even had the girls take some over to the neighbors house. I bet they won't notice that these are not gluten-y.

Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
INGREDIENTS:
* 1 cup of canned pumpkin puree
* 1 cup of white sugar
* 1/2 cup of natural unsweetened applesauce
* 1 egg
* 2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (I used Grandpa's Kitchen Gluten-Free Flour Blend - it already has xanthan gum in it, so add..a teaspoon of xanthan gum-I think- if yours does not)
* 2 teaspoons of gluten free baking powder
* 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* 1 teaspoon of milk (I used unsweetened SO Delicious coconut milk)
* 1 tablespoon of gluten-free vanilla extract
* 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips 
DIRECTIONS:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
* Combine pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together GF flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in to the wet mixture. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; mix well.
* Add GF vanilla and chocolate chips; stir.
* Use a cookie scooper/spoon to scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet. 
* Bake for approximately 12 minutes. (Touch the center of cookies-- it should be firm and not sink or not be soft. Pumpkin can feel undercooked, and you definitely don't want to undercook these cookies! You will get a grittier flavor.) 
NOTE:  I cooked mine for 15 minutes to get them done.



Toddler approved.


Comments

Juli said…
Those look FANTASTIC! I'm gonna have to book mark this.
sleepless said…
AWESOME TODDLER APPROVED !!
Laurel said…
They sound good!

I like the new header!
Emily Robertson said…
Love her cute face!!!

Popular Posts