Last Day First Grade

 Last Thursday was Drama Queen's last day of first grade!  I really love that our elementary school doesn't end the last day as a regular day.  They bring their sound system outside, at the end of the school day (they're only there for an hour and a half) all the classes lined up outside for the color guard.  We said the pledge of allegiance, sang the national anthem and then the color guard (5th graders) lowered and folded the flag and carried it to the principal, then the principal had the kids count down from ten to zero to officially end the school year.  Lots of cheering, they play music real loud, it makes it fun and official and makes the kids excited to return at the end of summer.  I'm looking forward to the new backpack Drama Queen will get next year!  Her backpack is too small so I was planning on getting her one for 2nd grade, but Costco is donating new backpacks to the school for 1st thru 5th grade.


I can't believe how much she has grown up in just 8 months!  And I totally forgot how I had drawn on the street or I'd have done it again....


Comments

sleepless said…
SWEET..thanks for sharing !!
Laurel said…
She is getting so big! I can't believe you have a 2nd grader now.

Popular Posts