Friday, June 7, 2013

Sorry excuse for a garden

Last night as I went out to water the garden which was sadly neglected the night before, I discovered the other half of it had been watered thanks to the neighbor(and their sprinklers).  Being  that there was nothing planted there, yet it is well dug up because I weeded just a few days ago, I decided I might as well make use of it being nice and wet.  I got my sad excuse for plant starts and planted them back there because I couldn't find my seed box.  If I had found my seed box I would have planted beans and squash, but oh well.  Tomatoes, peppers and basil got planted.  I started them indoors in April.... this is how big they are...
I hope at least the thai basil lives. I know one of the basil plants is a thai basil, not sure what the other 3 were.

I also planted my ground cherries up front and some more tomatoes...

And this is what the rest of it looks like.




1 comment:

Juli said...

OUr peas finally took off. Youngest reminded me this morning that we are supposed to do carrots. I'm doing them in a clear container this year with bought soil, so there's no rocks and so I can see how long they are BEFORE I pull them.

*sigh* I should get on that...