Saturday, July 6, 2013

Why is a Title suddenly a required field?!

I have totally been *off* lately.  I figure it's a build up of stress, you know, plugged pipes followed by mice followed by family drama followed by our "new" car dying in the grocery store parking lot followed by Mischief hitting the part of age 4 that I like least...why do my kids get so clingy at 4 and suddenly incapable of doing anything on their own?!

So I've been struggling the week.  Yesterday I was dealing with major anxiety issues, had to ask for new ideas on dealing with it because my go to things were not.working. Surprisingly my sister-in-law's "treatment" seemed to work best.  Ice cream.  After a bowl of rainbow sherbet I was able to function finally and got our underwear washed and dishes done.  The things that normally helped me and could get me through rough in my head bits were the opposite of making me happy.   Instead I was crying.  They are still making me cry today, though not as much.  Those things being 1776 (seriously, I started crying during the "He plays the violin" song and  the Lee's song.  Which are two funny songs...), Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and flash mobs.  Okay in truth watching flash mobs always makes me cry, but usually it's crying in an, this is awesome! sort of way.  And sewing didn't help.  My fingers just weren't doing it right and I need to remove and re-attach a pair of elephant legs because they are on all wonky.  I was also in tears because I wanted to make bread and knead some dough and can't.  we don't even have any wheat flour in the house.  There is a 25lb bag in the shed as part of our food storage, but I can't bring myself to bring it in and possibly have Mischief running for the toilet.

Today is a bit better.  Sure I stayed in bed until 8:30 (well I had to move to Mischief's bed around 7:30 because I didn't want the girls to wake up daddy) then finally dragged myself up and to the fridge for the energy drink Mr. Man had brought me last night (with a chocolate cupcake.  Man knows me well.  Add a pound of bacon to that and you hit perfection.  forget flowers, just feed me!)

Today I only cried in the shower while listening to part of the Pioneer Sesquicentenial Spectular from 1997 on Youtube.  Pioneer day is coming up (yes, this is a true state holiday, one of the things I do actually love about Utah) and I'm sad that our car is dead so I can't go up for the big parade.  At least we can watch the Pioneer Day commemoration on KBYU.  Though that's just not the same.  Anyway, I'm just rambling now.  I am doing better today, though my favorite things do make me want to cry.  So instead I am cleaning the playroom.  I want to listen to music, but can't find anything to listen to that doesn't bring on tears. haha.  I also blame this imbalance on it being every woman's favorite time of the month for me.  Well, back to cleaning.  Perhaps The Carpenters won't make me cry....

Post-note:  Mischief is outside in the "garden" eating weeds.
Yes.  The is correct.  Purslane is a common weed and I learned last year it is edible, so now that I've let the weeds take over, she has all the yummies to eat.  It tastes like a mixture of lettuce and cucumbers and citrus.

4 comments:

Juli said...

I cut out refined sugar last week and lowered my carb intake. My energy level skyrocketed, just in time for the 99 degrees 90% humidity to zap it out of me.

*sigh*

Hoping it cools down later so I can get in a good walk. Fat chance. We're heading to the ocean for the walk but I'm thinking I may actually have to walk INTO the ocean to get some heat relief.

Abigail said...

Do you think they say 99% humidity because you can't really ever say 100% humidity, because what if they call it 199% humidity and then the next week it is even more humid?
Utah has actually been surprisingly humid, as in it's forced me to actually shower almost everyday and Jordan about twice a day. We'd better get used to some humidity though since we intend to end up in North Carolina someday....

I fully support walking INTO the ocean. If I could go to the ocean, I certainly would. Someday I'll cut out refined sugar, I know I should, but as it is I've been struggling with the not having gluten in the house (as already mentioned)....

Juli said...

Baby steps on the food... Te diabetes and my numbing hands at night told me it was again time to come off the refined sugar. It is NOT easy, let me tell you!

Well, I suppose that they don't say 100% because then it would be raining. 90% means that the air is almost completely saturated with water, ie: you walk outside and it instantly clings to your skin. We have air conditioners in the house and I tell you I am SO sick of having to yell a conversation over them just so I can talk. The heat wave is supposed to break by Wednesday.... and I never made it out for my walk. It was still 91 degrees out at 730 pm. :(

Laurel said...

Ice cream always helps me, or small quantities of very fine chocolate, or large quantities of lesser quality.