Impromptu visit

We decided to go down to Mr. Man's sister's house yesterday so we could go to The Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti on closing night. I've wanted to see it again for a long time, as I was fairly young when my own family went to it. We had a lovely day. We had a little hike and picnic by the Keebler's house in the Manti- La Sal National Forest. 
It had quite the view. Sunshine and Mischief were not impressed with the number of bugs in the forest. Especially the 1/2 inch big ants. Sunshine dealt with them better after I remembered my Aunt's advice and we started naming them after the bugs in the movie A Bug's Life. 

Then we walked around Main Street and visited the quilt show(very nice) and the craft fair (very disappointing) and Aunt Audrey treated is to Candies on Main St. 

After dinner at the house Mr. Man, Drama Queen and I headed over to the temple to wait for the pageant. We didnot make it through the whole thing as both DQ and Mr. Man were falling asleep, and the hecklers at Samuel on the wall sounded a bit too much like the pillaging part of The Pirates of the Caribbean ride. It was sadly cheesy and though DQ didnt complain once nor has said it any other time, I did over hear her telling Mischief the pagaent was boring.  It wasnt exactly boring but it wasnt as great as I recall it being either. Still DQ greatly enjoyed having a date with mom and dad and wants to scrapbook about it. 

Comments

Laurel said…
I love the Keebler Elves!
Jamie Hatch said…
I remember being disappointed with the pageant too... but still want to take the kids to see it for some reason. Maybe its a rite of passage thing or just something everyone should experience at least once in their life. I like the bug naming idea!

Popular Posts