Wednesday, October 1, 2014

So tomorrow my father is having major surgery to remove tumors from his pituitary gland.....I suppose it's considered invasive rather than major....but I think having your face cut open and skull broken in a certain spot so they can get behind it to be pretty major.  Mischief of course wanted details regarding the surgery while the other two were content with "surgery to remove some tumors".  I described it to her pretty  much as I just described it here, and surprisingly got an "EWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" from her.  Something about the part regarding having your face peeled back......(oh did I not mention that?  it was implied....)

So if you utter a little prayer for him and his surgeons, it'd be appreciated.  Some very minute and careful cutting is going to be taken place, and we'd like him to come out of this with his life, health, and vision....

Thanks.  We rather love Boppa.


Update: 10/2/2014 - 6:30pm - he's out of surgery and is in a room.  Doctors are doing some neurological tests before letting my mom in the room, but it went faster than they had anticipated, and the tumor (they decided to only remove the big jelly bean size one) appears benign and he lost no spinal fluid so they didn't have to do a lumbar drain.  That's all I know so far.

2 comments:

Juli G said...

Hugs and all good thoughts.

I'm sure his face will be all back together and smiling soon.

Beth said...

How is he doing Have you heard? Praying all is well