Seattle

Seattle has never been on my list of places I wanted to go.  I'm not a city person.  I don't love the movie Sleepless in Seattle.  Seen it once and that was enough. The Space Needle is neat looking, but, eh.  Still, when you're in Washington there are things you should do, especially so you can tell your kids they have been there.  Ha.  The one place I really wanted to go in Seattle was Pike's Market, but I was warned that it is insanely busy and thus scary to take children.  So first we went to Kerry park so we could have an "I've been to Seattle" picture.



There is also a playground down the hill from the look out that is AMAZING.  Coolest playground even with the wooden playgrounds to compare to.  I really wish we could have spent more time there.





Mr. Man thought that I'd be flung off this.  I'm grateful he did not take a picture of me on it, even if I did prove him wrong.  It spins....



  Next we headed to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, otherwise known as the Ballard Boat Locks.  This was when I realized this vacation was more for me than the kids! They were not so impressed as I as these things.  And they did not appreciate having fish & chips on the coast! There is also a botanical garden along side the boat locks and we saw some pretty flowers, and ran into cousins who'd come to Seattle for the day as well!



















 

Then onward we went to the place in Washington I have wanted to go.

Comments

Popular Posts